I get a lot of questions about my skin care routine all the time. I love skin care, make up and I’m all about getting dolled up & the pretty photo filters. However, there is also something so refreshingly beautiful about being comfortable in your own bare skin & seeing other women do & feel the same about themselves. I myself am striving to go at least once a week w/o make up to give my skin the chance to breathe & to help normalize embracing your natural beauty. I hate that most women feel the need to apologize if they run into someone while out running errands and they don’t have make up on. Or that your co-workers would think something was wrong or you must have had a rough morning if you chose to not wear make up that day to the office.
With that being said I wanted to do a blog post and share some new skin care tools + products I’ve been using the last few weeks or longer and loving. But first, I’m going to keep wanted to keep it real & share some of my own skin insecurities with y’all here.
1. Society tells us freckles are only cute when you’re a little girl. Once you become a grown women they are no longer known as freckles but ‘age’ or ‘sun spots’ & definitely aren’t seen as cute. In the summertime my natural freckles pop out all over my face no matter how much spf I use & I’m learning to embrace them instead of try to make them disappear with brighten creams.
2. Enlarged pores, I have them & it seems like more & more pop up all the time.
3. My lips are always chapped & pealing no matter what time of the year it is. I’ve tried every chapstick out there from 97 cents to $40. I’ve used Vaseline & coconut oil, sugar scrubs, etc.
4. I have broken capillaries around my nose.
5. My face is not symmetrical, the left side of my face is higher up than my right side. Bc of this I rarely take straight on photos but when I do, you can look at my eyebrows & the creases in my eyelids & easily see the left side higher & the right side appears droopy or hooded.
Tools + Products
- BeautyBio GloPRO® Microneedling Regeneration Tool Face & Eye Set – Save $100 on this entire set for the next 8 days before it goes back up to its regular price. I’ve had my eye on the powered microneedling tool for about a year now and I’m so glad I finally bought it.triggering skin’s natural healing process and inducing micro-regeneration deep within the skin. As 540 surgical stainless-steel microneedles pass over your skin, the rejuvenation process begins immediately as your cells respond to thousands of imperceptible microchannels by creating new collagen and restoring skin’s volume.
2. BeautyBio The Beholder Lifting Eye & Lid Cream -formulated to help reverse the effects of gravity by lifting the appearance of hooded, tired lids and brows. I’ve been using this for the past 4 weeks in hopes to help my right eyelid brow look less hooded. I haven’t seen any major results quite yet but I like the way it feels/smells overall and will definitely keep y’all updated on my results.
3. BeautyBio Bright Eyes Illuminating Colloidal Silver + Collagen Eye Patch -collagen-infused eye patch with illuminating pearl to help eyes instantly appear brighter and more rested.aloe vera helps decrease puffiness; collagen helps firm and tighten; and colloidal silver helps encourage skin rejuvenation.
4. DERMAFLASH 2.0 Luxe Facial Exfoliation and Peach Fuzz Removal Device – instantly removes dead skin cells, built-up debris and pesky peachy fuzz which instantly reveals smooth, radiant, camera-ready skin, creating a flawless canvas for skin care and makeup.
5. Jade Roller – I’m no geologists but I’d say when it come to Jade Rollers a $10 jade roller is probably going to do the job just as well as a $60 one. Jade Rolling helps to reduce puffiness and inflammation in the face due to stagnation of the lymphatic system along with increase in circulation can also help smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. I keep mine in the fridge and use it every morning, I’ve noticed results the most in reducing puffiness and helping with my sinuses.
6. Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment – I’ve never used a product where I’ve felt it working so strongly and even saw results as soon a the next morning before. This high potency, purified grade lactic acid that immediately exfoliates dull, pore-clogging dead skin cells, revealing smoother, fresher, younger-looking skin. Fine lines appear visually plumped while the skin looks more radiant.
7. Good Genes Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser – visibly minimizes the appearance of pores, and removes excess oil and impurities. It can be used separately or blended together with the above lactic acid treatment for an instant mask.
8. Revision Skincare Firming Night Treatment – This peptide-rich, age-defying cream provides intense short- and long-term moisturization while you sleep. Contains two peptides that are clinically-proven to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions in the comments below, thanks for reading and be sure to take the time to take good care of your skin. & most importantly love the skin you’re in!