So if you’ve been following my Instagram post’s and stories you saw that I chopped some major length off my hair last week, 5 inches to be exact. My hair started to take on some major damage this spring and I think it was a mixture of coloring my hair blonde, using too high of a heat setting on my curling iron along with not using the best products and especially heat protecting products on my hair. I’ve also really slacked at remembering to take my hair vitamins, which I typically see an actually difference in my hair when I do remember to take them. Needless to say this was a much needed cut and I’m excited to have a fresh start at healthy hair again.
1. my favorite purple shampoo is hands down Drybar ‘Blonde Ale’ Brightening Shampoo. it has a purple formula that counteracts brassiness and prevents color degradation of blonde and highlighted hair. you can also now buy a 33.8 oz bottle here.
1. first thing i do to my hair after i get out of the shower is spray this detangler in it and comb it out. it’s actually more than a detangler and acts as a Leave-in product that repairs dry damaged hair, adds shine, smoothes & controls frizz, seals & protects hair color, detangles, prevents split ends, stops hair breakage, creates silkiness, enhances natural body, flat-iron & thermal protector.
1. i never blow dry my hair which if it’s something you can REFRAIN from doing i highly suggest it, less heat = healthier hair. before styling my hair with this curling iron which has INTERCHANGEABLE barrel sizes i spray this heat protector spray all over and comb it through my hair as well.
2. to lift my roots and add volume I will sprinkle some of this magically Oribe Swept Up Volume Powder at my roots and rub it in. It instantly adds volume and a little amount goes a very long way. my favorite textruizing/finishing sprays are this one from oribe which is so lightweight and smells so good and then this triple sec one by drybar. The triple sec is good to add some oomph in your hair and at the roots as well.
3. i don’t typically like actual full on hairsprays and prefer the above texturizing sprays instead. However, i do like a nice lightweight finishing spray like this one from Kristin ess. lastly i like to spray this CAVIAR Anti-Aging Omega+ Anti-Frizz Dry Oil Mist which adds some shine and tames frizz.
i ABSOLUTELY love sleeping with my silk pillow case, not only does it keep my face cool but helps keep hair and from creasing along with getting face creasing while sleeping. to also help hair from creasing i will only use these coiled hair ties or these new silk thin scrunchies while sleeping or pulling my hair back to get ready. i also started taking these Hum Nutrition Hair Sweet Hair Gummies which promote healthier and stronger hair.