Athleisure Goals

img_8323Happy Monday Lovlies!

Like every girl (I like to think) Monday’s are a day for fresh starts and setting goals, you can’t start something new unless it’s a Monday, it’s just the rule of life ;). I usually like to blame everything on Mondays and use it as an excuse to  delay my goals one more day, but not this week. Before our May wedding this year I got myself into a very healthy fitness and healthy  eating routine and lifestyle but just as easily as this became a routine – I fell right out of it. After the wedding I told myself I deserved to take a little break for 2 weeks or so and just enjoy myself and whatever I wanted to eat, then I’d get back into my healthy routine. Well, those 2 weeks turned into 5 months later and here I am sitting here typing this post. For about 2 months now I’ve told myself I’m going to “get back into it”. Every Sunday night has been spent setting the alarm for 5AM only to wake up and hit snooze for 2 more hours. Well enough is enough and I’m ready to make a change – for real this time. My hope in sharing this is that it will hold me accountable to actually take the time out of everyday and become healthy again for myself. I’m a firm believer in “If you look good you feel good and if you feel good you do good” and well, I haven’t been feeling so good lately.

To kickstart this healthy change I’m sharing details on one of my favorite looks, athleisure of course. I love these faux leather leggings as they are so very versatile. You can wear these with the perfect little bootie to dress it up or pair them with a cute sneaker like I did here. These knitted mesh PUMA Carson Heath sneakers are so cute and trendy not to mention comfortable. The knitted mesh fabric makes these the most breathable pair of sneaks I own, which is great for this new fitness routine I’ll be starting. Sound off in the comments below and let me know your tips and tricks for getting back into a routine and more importantly, STAYING there.

Leaving you with my favorite quote from one of my favorite motivational videos, Mindshift. Scroll to the bottom of the post to watch this powerful video.

“There is nothing as powerful as a changed mind. You can change your hair, your clothing, your address, your spouse, your residence. But if you don’t change your mind, the same experience will perpetuate itself over and over again. Because everything outwardly changed, but nothing inwardly changed.”

x – L e a h

img_8318

Processed with VSCO with t1 preset

img_8320

img_8342

img_8346

img_8333

Processed with VSCO with t1 preset

img_8339

32 thoughts on “Athleisure Goals

1. Lauren Maus says:

I’ve recently been struggling with the same obstacles regarding my health & fitness. Joining accountability groups have helped me stay more accountable and share a common goal with a group of people who I can look to for support.

Liked by 1 person

• Leah Lowe says:

Glad I’m not alone 🙂 That’s a great idea, maybe having someone from the outside who isn’t currently in my life to hold me accountable would help! Friends are good for that until they want to go grab a drink lol. Thanks for the advice Lauren!!

• Leah Lowe says:

Yes, you do! They’re so cute and comfortable! Agreed, my husband is trying to get back in a routine too but he’s not a morning person like myself so hard to work out at the same time!

2. Jaqlyn says:

Seriously LOVE this post because I am literally going through the exact same thing. I say GO FOR IT GIRL! I plan to do the same thing. Outfit is gorg and the perfect athleisure look! Love your content & looking forward to another Monday Motivation post from you 🙂

Liked by 1 person

3. tiffaniatbretonbay says:

So, you look so fierce in this athleisure look!! Gorgeous girl!! The main thing that keeps me in the gym 3-4 times a week is my energy level and mental attitude POST gym. If I go in the AM, my whole day has a MUCH more positive spin on it. I find that if I skip the gym because I am tired, I am just flat out lazier the entire rest. of. the. day. That totally annoying vicious cycle thing 😉 Good luck, you’ll get it but also, good for you for taking time off post wedding!!

xoxo
    Tiffani

Liked by 1 person

• Leah Lowe says:

Awe, thanks so much Tiffani, you’re so sweet! I’ve always been in and out of routines but I do know when I get into one I FEEL so much better – why do I ever let myself fall out of it is the real question! Thanks so much for the tips, I’m glad I’m not the only one who struggles with the vicious cycle! XO.

4. PishtoPosh says:

Honesty is always best…even when it is hard to accept. I have found success in starting slow- so I commit to 2 days a week of fitness… and then slowly build up. Like planning blog posts you gotta plan those workouts… you got this!!! Good luck!!!

Liked by 1 person

5. Jen says:

Love your look! Start small, walking more, body weight exercises you can do at home. I love trying new gym classes and finding what I love. I currently do spin, yoga and weights. Adds variety to my regular workouts.

Liked by 1 person

6. aylincarolina says:

You got this girl!! To be honest, waking up early is hard, it’s not for everyone. Maybe set an alarm for 7am instead of 5am, and the next week set it to 6:45am etc. You can do this!! Can’t wait to read more and see how you’re doing!
    xo
    Aylin Carolina

Liked by 1 person

• Leah Lowe says:

Thanks so much Carolina! I’ve gotten into the routine of working out in the morning before, it’s just the fact of getting back into it again, it’s hard! I’m defiantly more likely to stay on track by getting it knocked out first then and setting the tone for the day! thanks so much for the encouragement! xo.

• Leah Lowe says:

Oh my gosh, yaaaas, haha that’s so true about setting your favorite song as an alarm, I’ve made that mistake before too! You tubing work out videos is a great idea, I honestly didn’t even think of that! Thanks Ellie! xo.

7. Victoria says:

GIRL – what an inspiring Monday post! I have been sick for over 2 weeks so I haven’t hit the gym and feel so NOT GOOD lately too! I love the BBG workout – it’s a pdf that has easy workouts that can be done within 30 minutes – perfect for right after work or in the morning! Which i will be restarting next week once I’m finally back to 100% 😉

xoxo
    Victoria

8. kaptivatingthoughts says:

“you can’t start something new unless it’s a Monday, it’s just the rule of life” girl… I think you’re my soul sister because this is my life motto hahah!! Such an inspiring post and such an adorable outfit! Love it! xo